Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tests and changes

So, here I sit on the couch for the start of the second week in a row. I'm still under Dr orders not to do much and a 10 pound weight limit really slows me down. By they way, he (the Doc) called me directly to check on me 1 week post op. I had my 'lap' (exploratory surgery) done last week and I don't think I've ever had anything kick my butt the way this has. I feel like the only time Rodney sees me is when I'm making permanent butt prints on the couch. About the only saving grace is that while he's at work I can get laundry done and in a very slow manner I manage to get the floor swept and mopped. Thank God the rest of the house pretty much stays clean, thanks to the help of the kids. I don't know that we have ever been attacked so much as the way that I feel that we have here lately. We aren't dispairing or letting it get us down. We are totally taking it in stride. We lost Rodney last night for about 20 minutes and then he came in all sweaty and nasty. He had gone on a run. It seems that he is not wanting to go through his foot surgery and now he's wondering if maybe he doesn't just need to lose some weight and if that will make a difference in what is going on with him. So, now he's wanting to try running every night and losing some weight and eating differently. I have to say, he may be onto something. We BOTH enjoy eating, we can't help it and when the food tastes so good, what do you do.

So, if he winds up NOT having his foot surgery, then he wants me to go ahead and have my partial hysterectomy, immediately. Not something I am looking forward too, but tough, it needs to happen. I've gone back and forth thinking about this for quite a while and I always swore that I wouldn't do it and that is just what happens when I swear, I wind up doing what I swore I wouldn't do anyway.

I think I'm just a little un nerved because so much has seemed to happen in this small little family in such a short period of time. Rachel took a nose-dive, mentally, Garett was and is still having problems with his joints and his eye still, Rodney and his foot which is directly linked to his job and then I seem to be falling apart, as a woman. The only one of us that is ok is Anthony and then that makes me nervous, because I'm afraid he will be directly attacked. I know all things happen for a reason and I've beleived this all of my life, but it still makes a person not comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment