Saturday, February 20, 2010

So much has happened in such little time.

Well, here we are. In sunny, pretty, beachy, freezing, FREAKING COLD Florida!!! I just could not believe that it was as cold here as it was. I felt like I had NOT left Abilene and somehow the beach had just gotten to me. I think the entire family was totally pissed. It is just now mid February and for the first time since New Year's Eve it was warm enough to go out without a jacket. On a good note, we are here, moved in and settled for the most part. Much against someone's wishes, all children are enrolled in school and doing well. The kid's needs are taken care of. Dr's have been found, first appointments made and a plan in order. Rodney is in the squadron, doing his job and is now DNIF. Yes, I said DNIF. He has to have foot surgery, something that we have been trying to avoid, hoping that his foot would heal on it's own, to no avail. So, we were referred to an awesome pediatrist over at NAS Pensacola and he said he will do Rodney's surgery on April 8th. This will move his recovery anywhere from a year to two years down to 8 to 10 weeks. He's just going to go in and cut the planter facia (a release). The only caveat to this is that Rodney will not be able to so much as put his big foot down while on crutches or he can severely screw up his healing process. I don't know which will be worse, not being able to do anything or having to watch the frustration and know that it will be taken out on me. Oh well, I will have to pray for strength and patience and then when that does not work, I will drug him up. You laugh and I'm dead serious!!!! We've been through this once before during our marriage and it was within the first year, he had major knee surgery. He was so mean to me and treated me so badly that I slept in the other room and cried myself to sleep many nights. I would like to think that I have matured over the past few years and have a few creative ideas in mind to assert myself if he tries to be a handful. I don't want to share them, because I don't want any of you to be tried as an accompliss so let's just say that I don't put up with any crap anymore.

Now, we just wait for a spring warm up and continue with taking care of the family and getting out and meeting some of the other spouses at both the base and our squadron. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can start working on the yard. That will be fun and a very nice way of getting a workout.

Much love to all and more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment